Who We Are
Our workforce is the backbone of DKT. Being based in a capital city, we are able to draw from a broad range of skilled and creative individuals. Beyond that, however, is the need to work within a team where, despite a defined structure, everyone takes responsibility for the overall quality of the finished job. At DKT we have a successful history of introducing new members into a good working atmosphere, where their abilities are recognised and encouraged and they, in turn, learn from those of the team who have worked with us for many years. This continuity and expansion of both skill and knowledge is our enduring strength.
- studied at the Compagnons du Devoir, Bordeaux and had his own business in France as an artisan decorator. Moving to London, Paul joined DKT in 2012, and works as a decorative artist and carver.
- studied Art & Culture and Technical Theatre and has worked in film, theatre and decorative arts. Experienced in plaster finishes, painting, gilding and mosaics, she has worked with DKT since 2012.
- joined DKT in 1994, as bookkeeper, responsible for credit-control, wages and day-to-day bookkeeping and financial matters. Linda has worked in Interior Design and the building industry for 25 years.
- joined DKT in 2008, coming to us with a firm background in the building trade. Govind has become an indispensable member of our stucco team.
- studied Interior Design at the Polytechnic of Milan and Art Business at Christie’s, London. She joined DKT in 2014, and oversees projects, working closely with clients and artists to deliver solutions.
- studied architecture at the University of Florence. Valentina joined DKT in 2014 and is skilled in both fine art drawing and digital design.
- studied Fine Art painting at Birmingham and an MA at Chelsea School of Art. Nickie is mainly involved in the painting and has her own studio. She has been with DKT since 1994.
- studied at San Diego State University. Joshua started working for DKT in 2007, having already worked as a decorative artist in the USA for eight years, before coming to live in the UK.
- graduated in textile design from Glasgow School of Art. Elaine started at DKT in 2000. She oversees the fabric related projects and also work which requires skills in painting, gilding and decorative design.
- studied at Epsom School of Art & Design and worked in jewellery and as a landscape gardener before joining DKT in 1990. Hans is mainly involved with mosaics and aspects of decorative design.
- graduated as an arts teacher in 1992, then trained and has worked with us since in stucco and paint finishes.
- trained with Harry Levinson at Hampstead Decorative Arts in London before joining DKT in 2012. He has particular expertise in specialist paint finishes, carved artworks and handcrafted mosaics.
- studied Fine Art painting at Gloucestershire College of Art & Design and worked at the National Theatre and the BBC as a scenic artist. Brian first worked with DKT as a muralist in 1990.
- studied at Belgrade School of Industrial Design and Interior Design and Decorative Techniques at City & Guilds. Before she joined DKT in 2003, she worked on various private and corporate commissions.
- one of the founders of DKT in 1979, he studied fine-art, sculpture at Bath Academy of Art and has worked in theatre, TV & film. He oversees the marketing and R&D but is still involved at the 'hands on' level.
- trained in restoration and conservation, both in Brzeg, Poland and in London. Magda joined DKT in 2011, working on gilding and related projects.
- studied at Novocherkask University, Russia and branched into interior design and lighting. He has been with DKT since 2010, and works on specialist finishes and light installation.
- graduated in Furniture and Product Design from London Metropolitan University. Olivia has a high level of skill in both 2D and 3D CAD as well as related practical skills. She has worked with DKT since 2009.
- with a background in education, marketing and the media, Khali joined DKT as an administrator in 2013.
- joined us in 1988 and trained with us. Chris is accomplished in faux finishes and decorative design.
- studied Graphic Art & Painting in Durban, South Africa before coming to the UK in 1984. He joined DKT in 1992 where he has worked in stucco, paint finishes and murals.
- joined DKT in 2000 and works on a wide range of projects. He studied fine art, design and photography at the Kiev College of Art and Design, Ukraine.
- studied illustration at Brighton University(BA HONS) and MA Illustration at Central St Martins. Peter has been with DKT since 2007, and works with stucco, bas relief carving, painting and gilding.
- studied Technical Theatre and Stage Management at Guildhall School, then worked freelance in film and theatre before joining DKT in 2014 in mosaics and painting.
- studied Art History & Anthropology then decorative painting at Van der Kelen in Brussels. Has worked with DKT since 2012 on both painting and gilding.
- studied at the Slade School of Fine Art. As well as IT skills, Mike has extensive practical hands-on technical skills and first worked with DKT in 2007.
- studied illustration at Camberwell College of Arts, as well as animation. Eoin also had several years experience as a decorative artist before joining DKT in 2008.
- studied Graphic Design and Illustration at Brighton University. Lewis worked as a freelance designer and in display work before joining DKT in 2010.
- studied Fine Art Sculpture at Cardiff Institute and worked as a professional musician for many years before joining DKT in 2010. David is mainly involved with bas-relief carving and paint finishes.
- studied sculpture at university and has been with DKT since 1987. Jim works mainly on paint finishes and decorative designs.
- started with us in 1994 and trained with DKT in painting and gilding. Sholeh now specialises in gilding work, including antique-effect mirrors and verre eglomise.
- studied Industrial Design in Tehran and Stage & Film Design in Vienna. He joined DKT in 2011 and works in various areas including computer design and photography.
- studied industrial design at London Central School of Art & Design. He co-founded DKT in 1979. He oversees the technical and financial side of DKT but is still very hands-on with projects.
- studied at college in Ukraine and worked in Portugal for six years as a carpenter.Volodymyr started working with DKT in 2009 and works as a skilled carpenter and as a carver.